Monday, October 23, 2023

The Start of the Adventure

10th August 2023 – Mercy Ships
 

Hi Raewyn
I am pleased to tell you we have begun staffing for the 2023-2024 field service in Sierra Leone (August 2023 - June 2024), and we would like to offer you dates of service, pending a favorable review of any required documents (which will be tasked to you in the Application Portal).
I have tentatively added you to our schedule as a Dining Room Staff from 21 January 2024 – 23 March 2024 on the Global Mercy, arriving in Sierra Leone and departing from Sierra Leone.


With that short message my world was thrown into a spin, after a very long application process and
a big lesson from God in patience (which I still haven’t learnt, but I do know his timing is perfect),
what I had been hoping for and working towards for nearly 12mths was finally happening! I had
finally been given dates to serve with Mercy Ships! However, the wait was to continue, with having
to gain leave without pay from work and further review processes to be completed by Mercy Ships. 

It would be another 6 weeks until I received the message Congratulations! You've been accepted
to serve onboard the Global Mercy - and we're excited about your arrival!

 
Since then, I have been tasked with jobs to do;
▪ Multiple online courses to complete – eg data protection, child safety, various food and security
courses, all specific to Mercy Ships.
▪ Immunisations to organise.
▪ Fundraising and promotional material to sort
▪ Flights to book
▪ Completing a food handling certificate
 

My dates have changed slightly due to my leave from work, and with my flights now booked, I
leave NZ on the 27th January and return on the 18th March 2024.

I have now started my fundraising, if you would like to contribute please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of the Adventure

10th August 2023 – Mercy Ships   Hi Raewyn I am pleased to tell you we have begun staffing for the 2023-2024 field service in Sierra Leone (...